Nov 16, 2022
It has been windy here. I like the sound of the wind out in creation. Without the wind you could not enjoy:
- The sound of rustling leaves blowing with the breeze
- The waves splashing along the surface of a lake
- The gentle swaying of the grass with their seed heads like waves of the sea
- The misty dancing of the clouds
- The glimmering adjustments of light shining through the trees
- The changing colors as leaves roll with the currents of air
- The changing shadows created by moving bushes and trees
- The refreshing relief on a hot day
- The accented silence when the wind stops for a moment, allowing the harmony of other sounds to contribute to creation’s song
- The athletic maneuvering of birds and butterflies as their flight interacts with the gusts of wind
- Watching hawks and eagles ascend and soar with the breeze
Everything about the wind declares the glory of God. The Bible speaks of the sound of the Spirit being like the wind.
“The wind blows wherever it pleases. You hear its sound, but you cannot tell where it comes from or where it is going. So it is with everyone born of the Spirit." (John 3:8)
There is such beautiful imagery in the blowing wind ---like being born of the Spirit. The wind of the Holy Spirit empowers us to rise above the circumstances on wings like Eagles. The wind of the Spirit…..well, there is more to think about here.
So I think I’ll just enjoy listening to the wind for a bit and pray and think!
- (no comments)